Friday, November 18, 2011

Warm Bread

Every week I stir up a batch of dough after dinner and let it rise in a warm corner.


I give it a punch down before I turn in for the night, even though this is totally unnecessary because I am using Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread Recipe, which is by far, the fastest, simplest way to make a loaf of bread that I know of. A child can manage it.


In the morning, I shape the dough, and soon it's ready for a hot 450 degree oven. Into a cast iron pot it goes. Lid on for 30 minutes.

When the timer dings, off comes the lid. Back into the oven for a few more minutes.


Ten minutes later, we have hot crusty bread for breakfast.


The house smells like a home, and all is well.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ah yes...the smell of warm bread in the morning! With butter, of course.

Why am I overweight??? :)

Dawn said...

I guess I forgot to mention the half hour required on the treadmill after. :>