Friday, January 21, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I know I'm late to blog about this, but I was dug into the writing garret, so, having emerged finally... New Year's Resolutions. I made a ton this year, and I look forward to every single one. Here's six of mine. I hope you all made resolutions that included fun, not just punishments aimed at being a better you.

  • Eat only farm fresh eggs purchased directly from a farm I know. (A weekly drive to the country, hooray!)
  • Make cheese... again. Branch out to include hard cheeses this time. (A challenge I look forward to.)
  • Tap a Sugar Maple and make syrup. (I can't wait for this one.)
  • Cross country ski... again.  (It's been decades. But Sara Polley's film Away From Her reminded me of how ethereal the experience was. Shush, shush, chirp, chirp.)
  • Build a cob oven. (I hope I can summon the forces with muscles to join me.)
  • Ice skate... again. (Also decades, and I've already tried it. Treacherous. But... check.)

No comments: